Today is the day. I am participating in the Avon Women´s Run in Berlin….well I am nordic walking 5K! REally can not see myself running that far, but the walking I can do. The picture I am posting to Pink Saturday today is of my t-shirt, how fitting that it is pink!
This 5K Nordic Walk is for all the women in my life who have fought their own cancer fight. Here´s to:
- Carol, Michele´s Mom who bravely batteled ovarian cancer. I miss her and think of her often.
- Martina, who fought brain cancer with all her might till the very end. She guided me through my travel agency training years in Cloppenburg.
- Kim, who batteled breast cancer and won!
- Sabine, who did not let breast cancer surgery stop her from celebrating thanksgiving with us last year(she convinced the surgeon to let her leave the hospital for a few hours(drainage bags and all!) I look forward to many more thanksgivings with her!
- Tante Anneliese(my aunt), who did not let breast cancer surgery stop her from traveling to germany to spend time with us. She too is a survivor.
- Martha, a survior and 10K power walker today
- Lily….a little girl that thanks to social media has become a part of my life. She is now 300 days cancer free! You can follow her miracle story at http://teamlillybumpus.com/