For years now, I have been trying out one brownie recipe after another–some have been good —some have been not so good, but not one recipe was fantastic. That is, till I found the recipe that I am sharing with you today. It truly is a great recipe-no more box mixes for me! Which were hard to come by any how since I live in Germany.
1 cup all purpose flour
- Grease the pan with a little shortening and line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the smaller of the two bowls, whisk the cocoa and flour together to break up any clumps and disperse the cocoa. Set aside.
- In the larger of the two bowls, melt the butter in the microwave. Add the sugar and the salt and stir. Add the eggs and the vanilla and stir until mixed.
- Add the cocoa and flour mixture to the liquid mixture. Stir until combined. Add the chopped nuts and stir.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan with a spatula and spread the batter evenly. Bake for 23 minutes in a dark pan or until the toothpick comes out fairly clean but with batter on it. Place the pan on a wire rack and cool for five minutes then, grasping the edge of parchment paper and tipping the pan up over a wire rack, pull the cake onto the wire rack. Let cool for at least another five minutes and then slip the cake onto a cutting board for slicing.
thanks to http://www.preparedpantry.com/ for this great recipe!