It´s midnight here in Berlin…..the jet lag is doing its job very well and I am wide awake! So, I thought I would take advantage of the time and share with all of you a new recipe…
While I was visiting my sister in Chicago, her Mother in Law…aka Grandma Jean taught us to make her…
World Famous Potato Salad
1. You take 4 pounds of red potatoes….
2. Place in pan with enough water to cover the potatoes…
3. add some sea salt and cook for app. 40 minutes…
5. The potatoes are done when a knife goes through easily.
6. Peel the potatoes immediately after they have been cooked.
7. Slice and Cube the potatoes
8. Boil 6- 8 eggs
9. Peel and Slice the eggs with a egg slicer
10. Slice and Cube(very small) 6 large celery stalks
11. Slice one half of a very large sweet onion(app. 1 cup)
12. Add all ingredients to a large bowl and sprinkle with sea salt
Now the potato salad is ready for the “gravy”. Grandma Jean says it is best to make the sauce while the potatoes and eggs are boiling. This way it is ready when the potatoes are done.
13. In a mixing bowl, mix 1 1/3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup skim milk, and 1 1/4 cup miracle whip
14. Add then 2 Tablespoons Grey Poupon and salt and pepper to taste. We added about 2-3 Tablespoons of sugar.
15. Mix untill the “gravy” has the consistency of pudding
16. Pour over the Veggie/Egg mixture and combine
And there you go……a delicious, beautiful potato salad…thanks to Grandma Jean!
Now it is your turn… come share with us a new recipe that you have tried out or been taught recently!