Wecome Back to “New REcipe Sunday.” So happy you could join us. Today I would like to share with you an Appetizer I made for a Ronald McDonald House Berlin-WEdding Reception. It involves a little prep work….but sooo worth it. Now the recipe calls for mini filo cups. I tried but did not find them here in germany.. so I took filo dough and created my own. I found the recipe on the web.
Mini Greek Filo Cups
- 2 packages mini filo cups
- 5 oz. mini tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/2 oz fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 oz fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 pound block feta
- 2 Tbsp pitted olives, chopped
- olive oil to taste
1. Place Feta in freezer for about 15 minutes
2. Prepare ingredients
3. Cut feta into small pieces. In a large bowl, gently mix all ingredients and fill filo cups with the mixture. Drizzle each mini cup with a dash of olive oil.
Now since I did not have ready made filo cups, I took 2 sheets of filo dough and cut them into small squares. I gently put them in the mini muffin cups and baked them for a few moments, till they were brown and crispy. Then we filled them.
Enjoy and please do share a new recipe that you have tried.