“Foodie Friday!!! It´s Friday again-our son has been home now a week from his ski trip with his class-tommorow he is off again-this time with the orchestra- 4 days at a youth resort-time for getting to know each other and lots of practice. He will be one of the big kids, as this is the group with the young ones! After Easter he will then be 4 days on the road with his group the Jugendblasorchestra of Kleinmachnow. It seems this 14 year old is more busy than his mom!!!!
This past Monday I tried a recipe I had found in Womans Day. I do not have pictures, but I am sure if you go on www.womansday.com you will find the picture they had posted in the magazine.
PORK LO MEIN cost per serving $1.41(in the US-here in germany i do not know!)
The clue on this recipe is that it calls for “ramen noodles”-I lived off of those in college-it was a quick and cheap meal. Until now, I have avoided them but rediscovered ramen noodles when I tried this recipe. So here is my entry for Foodie Friday-trust me you have to try this.
“Ingredients: 2 pkgs(3oz each) Oriental-flavor ramen noodle soup
2 tsp oil
1 large onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 bag(1Lb) frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed
12 oz pork cutlets or boneless thin-cut pork chops, cut in strips
1 Tbsp cornstarch
“Directions: 1. Bring 6 cups water to a boil on stovetop or in microwave. Add ramen noodles(save the seasoning pakets) Let stand 5 minutes or until tender;drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp of the oil in a skillet. Add onion and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes or untio tender. Add garlic; cook 1 min.
3. Add veggies;stir fry 3 minutes-remove to a bowl.
4. Heat remaining oil in same skillet. Add pork. Stir fry 2 minutes. Remove to bowl with veggies.
5. Stir 1 cup water, the seasonings, and cornstarch in skillet till blended. Bring to simmer and cook 1 minute.
6. Add noodles; toss to coat. Add veggies and pork; toss to mix. Cook over low heat, tossing until warmed through.
Thanks goes to Womans Day for printing this recipe-we had no leftovers the night I served this!